Storing and Travelling Details
Storing and travelling with HUMIRA
Keep HUMIRA in the outer carton until it is time to use it. HUMIRA must be kept in the refrigerator (2- 8°C) but don’t allow it to freeze. If you are travelling, a single HUMIRA pre-filled pen or pre-filled syringe may be stored at room temperature (below 25°C) for a maximum period of 14 days, but it must be protected from light. Once removed from the refrigerator for room temperature storage, the syringe or pen must be used within 14 days or discarded even if it is returned to the refrigerator. If additional syringes or pens are being carried, they should be refrigerated (kept between 2-8°C).
When planning to travel overseas it is important that you:
- talk to your doctor about travelling with HUMIRA
- carry a letter from your doctor detailing what HUMIRA is, how much you will be taking, and stating that it is for your own personal use
- leave HUMIRA in its original packaging so it is clearly labeled with your name and dosage instructions (if you are taking HUMIRA pens/syringes with you)
- You should carry your HUMIRA with you as hand luggage onto the airplane. Confirm with the airline about carrying HUMIRA on the plane and through customs
- Keep HUMIRA at the correct storage conditions outlined above
Join AbbVie Care online or call 0800 848 243 and you’ll receive an ice pack and be able to order a travel case.